Friday, June 25, 2010

6 months old

post started June 20th...

Dear Makayla,

Today you are 6 months old. I can't believe how quickly time goes by. It seems like just yesterday I was welcoming you in to the world and holding you in my arms for the first time. I was in awe of that little bundle I held. 6 months later I am still in awe. Every day you amaze me. I love your vivacious personality. You are always on the go. There is never a dull moment when you are around.

6 months ago you were only a mere 5lbs 7oz. Now you are 13lb 3oz. Yes, you are still a little peanut! You still fit your 0-3 month clothing, but can also wear most 3-6 month clothing. You are smaller than all my friends babies. Even the ones that are 3 months younger. I love that you are so tiny and petite.

The last month have seen some big changes from you. At 5 months 1 week you started sitting up unassisted. You weren't the greatest at it but now you are a champ. You are also learning to go from sitting to tummy by leaning forward. You spend alot of time on your tummy now and are learning to get your knees under you. You do push-ups all the time and are starting to scoot backwards and occasionally forwards. I definitely think you will be crawling by 7 months.

You started rice cereal at 5.5 months and absolutely love it! 3 days ago you also started on homemade squash. So far so good. You love eating!

We had a picnic at the beach last week and you LOVED it. I'm excited for many more fun times in the sun this summer. I can't wait to take you swimming.

Thanks for giving us the never ending excitement of watching you grow and develope.

Happy 1/2 year birthday baby girl.

I love you,

xoxo Mommy xoxo



1 comment:

aleelavine said...

Happy half year Makayla!